You are here: Main Page > The Museum > “Anton Pann” Classroom

sala_anton_pann

The old classroom of the First Romanian School is called after the name of a great storyteller, vvho use to visit pretty often the school and whose books and documents are kept and shown in the museum.

A local chronicle makes a mention of the year 1495 when “the school and the church were built”, but on 1399 a bull of the Pope Bonifaciu the IX-th mentions the existence of the buildings and a recently discovered textbook (“Omiliar”) drops the supposition of the existence of the school on Xl-XII-th centuries.

Since its foundation and during its existence, the school has been represented a center of culture, where the first Romanian books were edited and printed by deacon Coresi: the first chronicle with a Romanian subject, the first Romanian Grammar written by Dimitrie Eustatievici on 1757, the first Romanian almanac and calendar created by scholar Petcu Soanu. The cultural center became a very good school for preparing and training the copysts, translators and transcribers for religious books and documents, for text books, official documents and culture writings.

VIRTUAL TOUR
vr
INTRODUCTION
supported by
Logo-Rotary-Kronsadt